Artistic Ink Tattoo Suggested Aftercare
Your recommended tattoo aftercare by Artistic Ink:
- Always wash your hands prior to touching the tattooed area.
- Leave bandage on for at least 2 hours. After removing the bandage, DO NOT apply another bandage.
- Wash the tattooed area with antibacterial soap and water. Pat the area dry. Apply a thin coat of "INK FIXX" to the tattooed area. We recommend using the "INK FIXX" lotion instead of antibiotic ointments because they can cause the loss of color in some individuals.
- Keep tattooed area clean and apply "INK FIXX", as needed, to avoid the tattooed area from drying out.
- The tattooed area will itch during the healing process. This is normal. DO NOT scratch the tattooed area. Applying "INK FIXX" will aid in relieving the itching.
- Never pick or scrub tattooed areas. Doing so can, and in all probability, will cause loss of color and/or scaring.
- Avoid tanning beds, sunburn, salt or chlorine water, hot tubs, and soaking in water until the tattooed area is COMPLETELY healed.
If you have any questions about caring for your tattoo, do not hesitate to come by or call. Our artist are here for you!
The Marshall County Health Department requires us to furnish the following information to you:
Disclaimer: Healing time for piercing and tattoos varies from person to person. The rate of infection is minimal if the aftercare is followed appropriately. It is very important to remember not to touch the pierced or tattooed area without first washing your hands. Normal body reactions to piercing and/or tattooing may include:redness, swelling, and/or minor discomfort at the site. If after 48 hours more severe complications occur (increased redness, swelling or hardness at the site, pus-like drainage, onset of fever, and/or prolonged pain at the site or respiratory difficulty following tongue piercing), contact your personal physician or dentist (following an oral piercing).